Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

"Feminist" Ghostbusters


       We are going to dive right into our review for Ghostbusters (2016) starring Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones. I think that overall, the idea for this film was just alright to begin with. It mainly depended on how the filmakers made the movie, and the ideas that they had. I do believe that this could have been a very great movie. But the only significant difference from Ghostbusters (1984), was that the team was now made up of women.

       The cast was very good, though, yet the only character that I would cry for (if something happened to them) was Kate McKinnon's character. She was funny. The rest of the jokes in the movie were used as basic dialogue, yet they were very cliché. So that is most of the comedy in the movie. If this were fully considered a comedy movie I would give it a 2 out of 10 star rating.

       But it wasn't just comedy. It was supernatural action. I think that the effects were constructed well, but again, it was what everyone had expected out of the movie. So for the action part of the movie I would give it a 4 out of 10 star rating.


     
     
       So, is there anything else in the movie other than "comedy" and "action"?? Hehe, no. You didn't get very interested in the characters, it wasn't a movie that would stick in your mind for a long time. And as I said earlier, their was nothing special about this movie.

       But back to the question: Was it empowering for woman? No. And I know I am being a bit of an asshole for saying this, but aside from the occasional "lady joke", it wasn't very feminist which is what most people expected out of it.

       Overall, I would say that this would receive a 3 star rating. Comedy= Barely enough for it to be considered a comedic movie. Action= Not surprising. Feminism= The Ghostbusters were girls... :/

       For more movie/anything I feel like talking about reviews, G+ my blog,

     


       

No comments:

Post a Comment